Light and lemony chicken served over a bed of delicious lemon pasta with walnuts and broccoli on the side. This dish is simply perfect for this time of year.
With my new meal plan, Monday night is set aside for light chicken and/or pasta or fish. One of our absolute favorites in this category is a lemony chicken and pasta with Parmesan and walnuts.
It’s so good that we’ve been eating it every week!
Lemony Chicken and Pasta
- 1 box of (gluten free) pasta
- 7 chicken tenders, cubed
- 3-4 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Parmesan (to taste)
- Salt, pepper, dried parsley (optional, to taste)
- Cook pasta, drain, and set aside.
- Use 2 Tbls olive oil to coat the bottom of a large pan.
- Lay chicken tenders in single layer in pan, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and pour half the lemon juice on top.
- Cook over medium heat, flipping when chicken begins to turn white. Cook until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add walnuts to the chicken.
- Add pasta, 2 Tbls olive oil, and rest of lemon juice. Stir well and heat until it’s all warmed.
- Season with pepper, dried parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a side of steamed broccoli, and enjoy!
If you like this recipe be sure to follow on Facebook for more. 🙂