If you like pesto this pesto pasta with sundried tomatoes will quickly become one of your absolute favorites. It’s easy to throw together and tastes like you’ve been working on it all day. Definitely a favorite in our home, of course, I love anything with sundried tomatoes. I could eat this everyday if I were “allowed” to, though I know it’s probably not the healthiest to live on one thing (but hey, it has vegetables).
This is perfect for dinner or lunch, or even breakfast if you can’t resist. It doesn’t take long to prepare, which makes it a great summertime or weeknight meal. (It’s also delicious with some cubed cooked chicken if you want it some protein.) I hope you enjoy! 🙂
Pesto Pasta With Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz) box of gluten free pasta
- 1 batch homemade pesto
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped (more or less depending on desired amount)
- Cook and drain pasta as usual.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toss the tomatoes and give a stir.
- Add in pasta and pesto and heat until warmed.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Remember to like my blog on Facebook. 🙂
Tis the season for cook outs and potlucks and picnics. And everyone knows none of those would be complete without pasta salad. I love that this one has so many veggies in it, it makes it light and a bit healthier than other pasta salads.
I love to brighten up Memorial Day or Fourth of July with this simple recipe. Keep in mind that simple doesn’t mean boring. It’s easy to throw together the morning of an event, and still has a zesty flavor that everyone seems to love. It’s also very customizable and you can choose your favorite veggies to throw in and make it your own.
Veggie Pasta Salad
- 1 box (gluten free) twirly pasta
- 1 and 1/2 cups Italian dressing (make sure it’s gf if needed)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 can black olives, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Cook and drain pasta, then rinse with cold water until completely cooled.
- Add pasta, and everything but tomatoes in a large bowl and mix until evenly combined.
- Add in tomatoes and mix again. (I do this last so they won’t get crushed.)
- Refrigerate and eat cold.
I’m sharing this salad with Fiesta Friday. Have a great weekend! 🙂
Light and lemony chicken served over a bed of delicious lemon pasta with walnuts and broccoli on the side. This dish is simply perfect for this time of year.
With my new meal plan, Monday night is set aside for light chicken and/or pasta or fish. One of our absolute favorites in this category is a lemony chicken and pasta with Parmesan and walnuts.
It’s so good that we’ve been eating it every week!
Lemony Chicken and Pasta
- 1 box of (gluten free) pasta
- 7 chicken tenders, cubed
- 3-4 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Parmesan (to taste)
- Salt, pepper, dried parsley (optional, to taste)
- Cook pasta, drain, and set aside.
- Use 2 Tbls olive oil to coat the bottom of a large pan.
- Lay chicken tenders in single layer in pan, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and pour half the lemon juice on top.
- Cook over medium heat, flipping when chicken begins to turn white. Cook until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add walnuts to the chicken.
- Add pasta, 2 Tbls olive oil, and rest of lemon juice. Stir well and heat until it’s all warmed.
- Season with pepper, dried parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a side of steamed broccoli, and enjoy!
If you like this recipe be sure to follow on Facebook for more. 🙂
We’ve been loving this pasta dish lately. It’s lighter than most cheesy pastas, yet a filling and flavorful, easy, and more elegant pasta dinner.
I’ve been just mixing everything in a pan, so I’m not doing a recipe card just because the ingredients aren’t 100% measured out, but it’s really easy to work with to achieve your desired taste.
- Box pasta
- 1/4 olive oil (possibly more)
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped broccoli (optional)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp – 1 Tbls each dried parsley, oregano and basil
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder (to taste)
- Shredded mozzarella
- Parmesan to top
Cook and drain a box of pasta. In a large pan add olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, broccoli, and pine nuts then cook over medium heat until broccoli begins to soften. Add pasta back in and combine until coated with oil (add more if needed). Mix in spices. Add in a bit of shredded mozzarella. Serve and top with Parmesan cheese.
I hope you enjoy! If you try it out I’d love to hear about it in the comments. You can also connect with me on Facebook.