What could be better than crispy battered fish with a side of fries? Not much in my opinion. I have been craving fish and chips for so long now, I finally broke down and decided to make it at home. Even my picky husband loved it, that’s always a win in my book! 🙂
Gluten-Free Fish And Chips
- 4 Haddock fillets, thawed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2-1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk (or water for dairy free)
- 1 egg
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Gluten-free French fries
- Lemon, sliced
- Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a cast iron pan.
- Mix flour, starch, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add in the egg and milk and mix just until combined.
- Pat the haddock fillets dry (I used paper towel). Coat them in the batter and gently place in the preheated oil, keeping them from touching each other. You know that the oil is ready when a drop of water sizzles in it.
- Flip fish after 2-3 minutes, and cook another 2-3 minutes, until both sides are golden.
- Serve with French fries and lemon.
Remember to like my blog on Facebook. 🙂
Light and lemony chicken served over a bed of delicious lemon pasta with walnuts and broccoli on the side. This dish is simply perfect for this time of year.
With my new meal plan, Monday night is set aside for light chicken and/or pasta or fish. One of our absolute favorites in this category is a lemony chicken and pasta with Parmesan and walnuts.
It’s so good that we’ve been eating it every week!
Lemony Chicken and Pasta
- 1 box of (gluten free) pasta
- 7 chicken tenders, cubed
- 3-4 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Parmesan (to taste)
- Salt, pepper, dried parsley (optional, to taste)
- Cook pasta, drain, and set aside.
- Use 2 Tbls olive oil to coat the bottom of a large pan.
- Lay chicken tenders in single layer in pan, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and pour half the lemon juice on top.
- Cook over medium heat, flipping when chicken begins to turn white. Cook until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add walnuts to the chicken.
- Add pasta, 2 Tbls olive oil, and rest of lemon juice. Stir well and heat until it’s all warmed.
- Season with pepper, dried parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a side of steamed broccoli, and enjoy!
If you like this recipe be sure to follow on Facebook for more. 🙂