Tis the season for cook outs and potlucks and picnics. And everyone knows none of those would be complete without pasta salad. I love that this one has so many veggies in it, it makes it light and a bit healthier than other pasta salads.
I love to brighten up Memorial Day or Fourth of July with this simple recipe. Keep in mind that simple doesn’t mean boring. It’s easy to throw together the morning of an event, and still has a zesty flavor that everyone seems to love. It’s also very customizable and you can choose your favorite veggies to throw in and make it your own.
Veggie Pasta Salad
- 1 box (gluten free) twirly pasta
- 1 and 1/2 cups Italian dressing (make sure it’s gf if needed)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 can black olives, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Cook and drain pasta, then rinse with cold water until completely cooled.
- Add pasta, and everything but tomatoes in a large bowl and mix until evenly combined.
- Add in tomatoes and mix again. (I do this last so they won’t get crushed.)
- Refrigerate and eat cold.
I’m sharing this salad with Fiesta Friday. Have a great weekend!🙂