Light and lemony chicken served over a bed of delicious lemon pasta with walnuts and broccoli on the side. This dish is simply perfect for this time of year.
With my new meal plan, Monday night is set aside for light chicken and/or pasta or fish. One of our absolute favorites in this category is a lemony chicken and pasta with Parmesan and walnuts.
It’s so good that we’ve been eating it every week!
Lemony Chicken and Pasta
- 1 box of (gluten free) pasta
- 7 chicken tenders, cubed
- 3-4 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Parmesan (to taste)
- Salt, pepper, dried parsley (optional, to taste)
- Cook pasta, drain, and set aside.
- Use 2 Tbls olive oil to coat the bottom of a large pan.
- Lay chicken tenders in single layer in pan, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and pour half the lemon juice on top.
- Cook over medium heat, flipping when chicken begins to turn white. Cook until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add walnuts to the chicken.
- Add pasta, 2 Tbls olive oil, and rest of lemon juice. Stir well and heat until it’s all warmed.
- Season with pepper, dried parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a side of steamed broccoli, and enjoy!
If you like this recipe be sure to follow on Facebook for more. 🙂
Mmm… Strawberry shortcake. It’s the perfect summer dessert. And it’s so easy to bring to BBQs or other cookout, potluck type events.
Growing up, strawberry shortcake was often a Memorial Day or Fourth of July treat, so it brings me right back to those summer celebrations.
For this dessert I wanted to do something a bit different. So I made vanilla cake donuts for the base, strawberries, and a thicker whipped cream with a bit of cream cheese. It’s still light and satisfying while carrying a bit more substance.
Vanilla donuts (makes 9)
- 2 Tablespoons almonds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend almonds and water in a blender until no chunks remain.
- Combine almond mixture, and apple sauce through milk in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix flours and baking powder in small bowl.
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Pour into greased donut pan (could use mini pie pans too) and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden and cooked through (test with toothpick).
- Let cool in pans for a couple minutes, turn out onto cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup white sugar (depending on desired sweetness)
- Splash water (optional)
- Place strawberries in medium saucepan and heat on medium until they begin to melt. At this point I sometimes add a bit of water if the juice evaporates too quickly.
- Stir strawberries around and sprinkle with sugar, then mix it in.
- Continue to cook until the strawberries have fully defrosted and are surrounded by a nice sauce.
- Transfer to a bowl and the refrigerator until cold.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Beat sugar, cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add in whipping cream and vanilla and beat until peaks form.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to two days in an airtight container.
Bringing it together
- Assemble shortcake in layers. Cake, strawberries, cream. Enjoy!
Today I’m sharing this with Fiesta Friday. 🙂
There’s nothing like a fruit smoothie to start the day out right. This is one of my go-to morning smoothies, especially in the summer, and I’m sure you’ll love it too.
One of the things I love about this smoothie is that it doesn’t have that watery bland flavor because it doesn’t include ice. It’s the perfect blend of balanced sweet and creamy.
Creamy Blueberry Smoothie
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup water (can substitute coconut milk and leave out the coconut)
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- (Skip steps 1 and 2 if using pre-made coconut milk.) In blender combine shredded coconut and water. Blend on high for about 2 minutes or until the water is whitish and most of the coconut is “dissolved.”
- Optional step: strain your coconut milk to get the tiny bits of coconut out, but I usually leave them in.
- Add the bananas and blend until creamy.
- Add the blueberries and blend until smooth.
Hello world! And happy Monday! I’m not sure anyone’s out there since it’s been so long, but I’ve enjoyed the summer and I’m thinking about coming back.
I don’t do much cooking through the warmer months, but now that summer is mellowing out and autumn is on its way I just can’t wait to really get back into the kitchen!