Sometimes you just really want a breakfast cake to make your morning better. I was so happy with how this turned out and I think it will definitely become one of our staples.
Gluten-Free Raspberry Cream Cheese Breakfast Cake
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbls sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- Seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flours and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add in sugar and wet ingredients (for cake) and mix until combined.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend all of the topping ingredients except jam with an electric mixer in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Take the cake out of the oven and dollop jam and cream cheese mixture over the top. (In the one pictured I only used 1/2 the cream cheese recipe, because I wanted more of a swirl. The whole batch will cover the top, and either way it’s delicious!)
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let stand for a few minutes, slice, and serve warm.
- Enjoy! 🙂