Who wants to use a hot oven in the summer? Not me, that’s for sure! I love this quick and easy recipe for pulled pork, it requires a slow cooker, but even if only for this, the investment is well worth it.
As always, this recipe is completely gluten free. Another thing I love about this is that there’s plenty of meat to get several meals from it, thus saving time and money, and who doesn’t like that?
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 4.25 pound pork butt roast (bone out)
- 2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbls water
- Mix spices together and rub on roast. Make sure to cut the strings off your roast if it has them.
- Add water to bottom of slow cooker, place roast on top.
- Close the lid and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Take the roast out, cut fat off and discard, shred meat.
- Cook another 1-2 hours on medium (or high first hour, low second hour).
- Enjoy. 🙂
Remember to follow on Facebook. 🙂
Imagine the taste of wonderfully warm ham and steaming pineapple mingling its sweetness with tomato sauce and mozzarella. This would typically be the topping for a pizza, an absolutely amazing Hawaiian pizza, but instead this dish is easy for you to make on a busy night because it replaces the time consuming pizza dough with pasta and still gives you that perfect Hawaiian taste.
This is one of my absolute favorites on a night when I get home starving or need a quick meal to throw together. I usually have the ingredients on hand, so that’s also a big bonus.
- Gluten-free pasta
- Marinara sauce
- Deli ham (make sure it’s gluten free if that matters)
- Canned pineapple chunks (in juice or water, not syrup), drained
- Shredded mozzarella
- Cook up a serving of pasta
- Mix in some sauce.
- Place it in an oven safe bowl and top with sliced ham, pineapple chunks, and mozzarella. (I like putting the mozzarella on top because it takes a bit longer than other cheeses to melt and protects the toppings from burning as well as letting it get slightly crispy.)
- Pop it in the oven until the cheese is all melted.
- Then enjoy the steaming bowl of perfection.
Social media: Facebook
This creamy pasta is just perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Easy to throw together, yet oh so yummy.
- 1 box pasta
- 2 Tbls butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2-1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Pepper (optional)
- Dried parsley (optional)
- Spinach (optional)
- Chardonnay (optional)
- Cook pasta, drain, and set aside.
- In pot, combine butter or oil, milk, sour cream, and Parmesan. Heat until smooth. Add a splash of Chardonnay if desired and stir until smooth.
- Add pasta and mozzarella.
- Season with pepper and parsley.
- Serve with spinach or enjoy as is.