Tis the season for cook outs and potlucks and picnics. And everyone knows none of those would be complete without pasta salad. I love that this one has so many veggies in it, it makes it light and a bit healthier than other pasta salads.
I love to brighten up Memorial Day or Fourth of July with this simple recipe. Keep in mind that simple doesn’t mean boring. It’s easy to throw together the morning of an event, and still has a zesty flavor that everyone seems to love. It’s also very customizable and you can choose your favorite veggies to throw in and make it your own.
Veggie Pasta Salad
- 1 box (gluten free) twirly pasta
- 1 and 1/2 cups Italian dressing (make sure it’s gf if needed)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 can black olives, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Cook and drain pasta, then rinse with cold water until completely cooled.
- Add pasta, and everything but tomatoes in a large bowl and mix until evenly combined.
- Add in tomatoes and mix again. (I do this last so they won’t get crushed.)
- Refrigerate and eat cold.
I’m sharing this salad with Fiesta Friday. Have a great weekend! 🙂
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour (I used Arrowhead Mills)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. bag) chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine both flours, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in one third of flour mixture at a time just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Enjoy! 🙂
I’m sharing these with my friends at Fiesta Friday. Co-hosted this week by Mollie @ The Frugal Hausfrau and Scarlett @ Unwed Housewife. Won’t you check out the party? 🙂
Social Media: Facebook