Imagine the taste of wonderfully warm ham and steaming pineapple mingling its sweetness with tomato sauce and mozzarella. This would typically be the topping for a pizza, an absolutely amazing Hawaiian pizza, but instead this dish is easy for you to make on a busy night because it replaces the time consuming pizza dough with pasta and still gives you that perfect Hawaiian taste.
This is one of my absolute favorites on a night when I get home starving or need a quick meal to throw together. I usually have the ingredients on hand, so that’s also a big bonus.
- Gluten-free pasta
- Marinara sauce
- Deli ham (make sure it’s gluten free if that matters)
- Canned pineapple chunks (in juice or water, not syrup), drained
- Shredded mozzarella
- Cook up a serving of pasta
- Mix in some sauce.
- Place it in an oven safe bowl and top with sliced ham, pineapple chunks, and mozzarella. (I like putting the mozzarella on top because it takes a bit longer than other cheeses to melt and protects the toppings from burning as well as letting it get slightly crispy.)
- Pop it in the oven until the cheese is all melted.
- Then enjoy the steaming bowl of perfection.
Social media: Facebook
I don’t know about you, but here we love breakfast for dinner! Sunday is our designated day for it and we tend to go all out, but one of our favorites whether for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner, is breakfast bowls.
It started after having something similar in a restaurant. We don’t go out to eat very often, and it can tend to be pretty expensive, so from there I decided to try it on my own.
We love the results! Beautiful fluffy eggs on a bed of fried potatoes and ham. Yum!
- 3-4 medium sized white potatoes, sliced in thin disks
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbls butter
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, to taste (I probably use about 1/4-1/2 tsp each, maybe a little more salt, though I go by taste not measurement)
- 3-7 slices deli ham, sliced in squares (optional)
- 1/2 pack bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Melt butter in large pan. Add the sliced potatoes and onions.
- Cook over meduim heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are slightly softened.
- Add spices and cook until potatoes are browned and soft.
- Add the meat and keep over low heat.
- Scramble the eggs.
- Assemble in layers, meat and potatoes, egg, and cheese to top it off.
What’s your favorite breakfast for dinner?
If you like this recipe and would like to see more, be sure to follow my blog and I’d also love to connect with you on facebook! 🙂
Have a wonderful day!