There’s nothing quite like the summer joy of a fresh watermelon, except of course this watermelon slushie. It’s cool, it’s refreshing, and it has all that watermelon flavor you love packed in a convenient drink.
This was always one of my favorites growing up, and it’s quickly earning that status once again this summer. I hope you enjoy! Have a fantastic week!
- 2 cups frozen watermelon chunks
- 1 1/2- 2 cups watermelon juice
- Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Remember to follow on Facebook. 🙂
Sometimes you just really want a breakfast cake to make your morning better. I was so happy with how this turned out and I think it will definitely become one of our staples.
Gluten-Free Raspberry Cream Cheese Breakfast Cake
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbls sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- Seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flours and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add in sugar and wet ingredients (for cake) and mix until combined.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend all of the topping ingredients except jam with an electric mixer in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Take the cake out of the oven and dollop jam and cream cheese mixture over the top. (In the one pictured I only used 1/2 the cream cheese recipe, because I wanted more of a swirl. The whole batch will cover the top, and either way it’s delicious!)
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let stand for a few minutes, slice, and serve warm.
- Enjoy! 🙂
There’s nothing like a fruit smoothie to start the day out right. This is one of my go-to morning smoothies, especially in the summer, and I’m sure you’ll love it too.
One of the things I love about this smoothie is that it doesn’t have that watery bland flavor because it doesn’t include ice. It’s the perfect blend of balanced sweet and creamy.
Creamy Blueberry Smoothie
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup water (can substitute coconut milk and leave out the coconut)
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- (Skip steps 1 and 2 if using pre-made coconut milk.) In blender combine shredded coconut and water. Blend on high for about 2 minutes or until the water is whitish and most of the coconut is “dissolved.”
- Optional step: strain your coconut milk to get the tiny bits of coconut out, but I usually leave them in.
- Add the bananas and blend until creamy.
- Add the blueberries and blend until smooth.
I don’t know about you, but here we love breakfast for dinner! Sunday is our designated day for it and we tend to go all out, but one of our favorites whether for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner, is breakfast bowls.
It started after having something similar in a restaurant. We don’t go out to eat very often, and it can tend to be pretty expensive, so from there I decided to try it on my own.
We love the results! Beautiful fluffy eggs on a bed of fried potatoes and ham. Yum!
- 3-4 medium sized white potatoes, sliced in thin disks
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbls butter
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, to taste (I probably use about 1/4-1/2 tsp each, maybe a little more salt, though I go by taste not measurement)
- 3-7 slices deli ham, sliced in squares (optional)
- 1/2 pack bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Melt butter in large pan. Add the sliced potatoes and onions.
- Cook over meduim heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are slightly softened.
- Add spices and cook until potatoes are browned and soft.
- Add the meat and keep over low heat.
- Scramble the eggs.
- Assemble in layers, meat and potatoes, egg, and cheese to top it off.
What’s your favorite breakfast for dinner?
If you like this recipe and would like to see more, be sure to follow my blog and I’d also love to connect with you on facebook! 🙂
Have a wonderful day!