Who wants to use a hot oven in the summer? Not me, that’s for sure! I love this quick and easy recipe for pulled pork, it requires a slow cooker, but even if only for this, the investment is well worth it.
As always, this recipe is completely gluten free. Another thing I love about this is that there’s plenty of meat to get several meals from it, thus saving time and money, and who doesn’t like that?
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 4.25 pound pork butt roast (bone out)
- 2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbls water
- Mix spices together and rub on roast. Make sure to cut the strings off your roast if it has them.
- Add water to bottom of slow cooker, place roast on top.
- Close the lid and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Take the roast out, cut fat off and discard, shred meat.
- Cook another 1-2 hours on medium (or high first hour, low second hour).
Remember to follow on Facebook.🙂