Every now and then you just need pecan pie bars to brighten your life. I tried for something a little more solid with these, the crust is a bit like that of lemon squares, and the pecan part just melds into it in a perfectly seamless fusion.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!🙂
Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Tablespoon whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- For the crust, mix flour, butter and sugar, and press on bottom of 8×8 square baking pan. Bake 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool completely.
- For the filling. Mix sugars, flour, whipping cream and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add pecans and mix until combined.
- Pour over cooled crust.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes or until top is browned.
- Let cool. Cut into squares.
- Eat at room temperature or refrigerated. Enjoy!
Remember to like my blog on Facebook.🙂