What could be better than crispy battered fish with a side of fries? Not much in my opinion. I have been craving fish and chips for so long now, I finally broke down and decided to make it at home. Even my picky husband loved it, that’s always a win in my book! 🙂
Gluten-Free Fish And Chips
- 4 Haddock fillets, thawed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2-1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk (or water for dairy free)
- 1 egg
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Gluten-free French fries
- Lemon, sliced
- Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a cast iron pan.
- Mix flour, starch, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add in the egg and milk and mix just until combined.
- Pat the haddock fillets dry (I used paper towel). Coat them in the batter and gently place in the preheated oil, keeping them from touching each other. You know that the oil is ready when a drop of water sizzles in it.
- Flip fish after 2-3 minutes, and cook another 2-3 minutes, until both sides are golden.
- Serve with French fries and lemon.
Remember to like my blog on Facebook. 🙂