Imagine the taste of wonderfully warm ham and steaming pineapple mingling its sweetness with tomato sauce and mozzarella. This would typically be the topping for a pizza, an absolutely amazing Hawaiian pizza, but instead this dish is easy for you to make on a busy night because it replaces the time consuming pizza dough with pasta and still gives you that perfect Hawaiian taste.
This is one of my absolute favorites on a night when I get home starving or need a quick meal to throw together. I usually have the ingredients on hand, so that’s also a big bonus.
- Gluten-free pasta
- Marinara sauce
- Deli ham (make sure it’s gluten free if that matters)
- Canned pineapple chunks (in juice or water, not syrup), drained
- Shredded mozzarella
- Cook up a serving of pasta
- Mix in some sauce.
- Place it in an oven safe bowl and top with sliced ham, pineapple chunks, and mozzarella. (I like putting the mozzarella on top because it takes a bit longer than other cheeses to melt and protects the toppings from burning as well as letting it get slightly crispy.)
- Pop it in the oven until the cheese is all melted.
- Then enjoy the steaming bowl of perfection.
Social media: Facebook