There’s nothing like a fruit smoothie to start the day out right. This is one of my go-to morning smoothies, especially in the summer, and I’m sure you’ll love it too.
One of the things I love about this smoothie is that it doesn’t have that watery bland flavor because it doesn’t include ice. It’s the perfect blend of balanced sweet and creamy.
Creamy Blueberry Smoothie
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup water (can substitute coconut milk and leave out the coconut)
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- (Skip steps 1 and 2 if using pre-made coconut milk.) In blender combine shredded coconut and water. Blend on high for about 2 minutes or until the water is whitish and most of the coconut is “dissolved.”
- Optional step: strain your coconut milk to get the tiny bits of coconut out, but I usually leave them in.
- Add the bananas and blend until creamy.
- Add the blueberries and blend until smooth.