What happens when you want egg salad and have no mayo? You make substitutions of course! I use mashed avocado instead, and that makes it healthier too. It’s a total win-win!
In the summer months I love different types of salads. They’re super easy to throw together and I don’t have to heat the house up by using the oven.
One of my favorites the past few years has been avocado egg salad. See, the thing is, this is virtually the only thing I would use mayo for, and I don’t eat it quite enough to justify that. That is one thing I’m not into making on my own. I’ve tried it before and it was a horrible disaster.
I’ve been making this egg salad for a few years now, and I just can’t get enough of it! I think it’s better than the “real” thing, but you’ll have to try it and let me know what you think.
Avocado Egg Salad
- 1 avocado
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 3 Tbls raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Mash the avocado in a bowl, then stir in apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Peel and chop the eggs.
- Mix it all together and enjoy! (My favorite way is on toast, gluten-free, of course!)
What are your favorite light, summery meals? I’d love to hear about them! 🙂
Social Media: Facebook